That's where you come in. Help me decide how to serenade the karaoke crowd. Below are 5 options to be voted upon, the vote ticker is on the upper right corner of this page. Vote and the winning song will be sung on Friday, October 15, at Festa Karaoke bar in Japantown, SF, CA, USA by me. Maybe someone will record it and we'll post it here the following week.
- "Love Story" by Taylor Swift
- A romantic classic, Swift captures the attention of love birds and tweens alike. Her very real and impassioned lyrics (Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone/ I keep waiting for you but you never come) will have you crying, smiling, laughing, and crying again all in the course of a single song. Ballad-ed by a gangly 6'5" guy will only heighten this emotional event.
- High notes, Sea World clapping, and an eighties vibe: why wouldn't this song be an option? This power ballad is always an audience favorite as it involves them. Call and response is a guarantee for karaoke success and a surefire way to bring down the Japanese house.
- A song that can only be sung from a place of pure love, Enrique captures the essence of what Mark Zuckerberg was going for with The Book: You can run you can hide but you can't escape my love. Combined with expert interpretive dance, this is a song fit for a white guy to bring out his inner latino.
- A classic song that builds to a stunning crescendo likely to keep Japantown reeling for weeks. Epitomizing cool and oozing with suave, this is for the performer's performer. Bobby Darin would be proud to be on this list but never let you know it.
- This is to be selected by you, the voter. Submit your "Song's to Be Sung by Adam" in the comments below and, should your selection pick up enough steam, your song could be sung on Friday, 10/15 at the karaoke bar.